Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Nate's 30th Computer Geek Party

Nate turned 30 this year, and I wanted to do something really big and special for his birthday. Months ago, the idea popped into my head to do a nerd/geek theme, because anyone knows him knows that he is the epitome of geek. As in, he takes apart computers and re-builds them for fun, stays up until 3am working on them, creates and builds apps from scratch...yeah, he's that geeky. (A geeky hunk, I might add!
 I collected ideas from pinterest and combined with my own ideas to create a really fun party that he absolutely loved!

 (Let me insert here, this took months of planning, weeks of decoration planning and days of food preparation to pull this off by myself. If you at all can, get help to pull off a huge party like this!)

 My husband is the light of my life and I am so glad that I was able to do this for him in honor of the amazing, hardworking man that he is.



I was really lucky to find cheese-it's "scrabble" addition at Wal-Mart, because it was perfect to call "Caps-lock"! I made a huge tub of homemade salsa and re-filled it as the night went on. The pretzel "bytes" recipe is here, but I skipped the ham and just brushed them with baking soda water (no boiling).


A friend from church made this computer cake and exceeded all of my expectations. I couldn't believe the attention to detail and how real it looked! She did an amazing job. Locals, if you ever need a cake, please email me for her information. She is fabulous!


I googled the "geek squad" logo, saved it in a word document, printed, cut them out and glued onto cups. I loved how they turned out! I also served these amazing sausage stuffed jalapenos, brownie batter dip and key lime pie dip with fruit and crackers. I took a big risk trying out all new recipes at a party with 30 guests, but thankfully everything turned out awesome! I also made a big batch of pulled pork with homemade rolls that is not pictured. I strung up the disks with fishing line which added a cool touch!

The kids were really big helpers and kept all of the details a secret. Nate knew about the party, but I didn't tell him the theme. I led him with eyes closed into the house, and look how excited the kids were for him to see everything! He was really excited and surprised and loved it all! We filled our home with his close friends and family who spoiled him with lots of gifts (thanks, guys). It was a really great time!

Hard to believe I met my husband TEN years ago! I cannot imagine my life without him now! I have watched God change him and mold him into his image over the years and it is truly inspiring. He is my hero, my mentor, my best friend. Happy, Happy Birthday to the man of my dreams!


Daisy Cottage Designs

6 comments:

Victoria said...

Great job, Jenna! I absolutely LOVE the cake.

Pinterest definitely makes it easier to confidently try new recipes on large groups. Can't wait to check out those dip recipes.

Unknown said...

This has got to be one of the MOST adorable parties ever. Love the creativity for the food items. I'll keep this in mind for my hubby's birthday;0)
Visiting from Pint-sized Treasures

The Skinny on Staci said...

This was absolutely adorable! That cake is just unreal! Love it!

Tereza said...

What a wonderful job you did!!! He looks very happy!!!

Jolene said...

Jenna, you outdid yourself! You must have one proud hubby. :-) I really got a kick out of the "hardware" and "software" signs. Perfect!

Great job, my friend!

Mary said...

You did such a good job Jen!! Such a pinterest specialty :). you know your gonna get so famous!!

Popular Posts